This week’s Tuesday Photo Challenge was a little different to say the least. All participants were challenged to photograph trash, which is not your everyday photography subject 🙂
Part of the reason begind this challenge was to stretch photographic muscles a bit by finding the beauty in something inherently ugly. As expected, the entries were fantastic with some true gems of trashy photography!
After the couch, here’s another one of my trash images…
This photo is both about the debris left behind, but also brings some structure to the foreground in the orderly pattern of the bricks.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- Emily’s exploration of the uses of detritus and its treatment in Zombie Flamingos showed a very positive side in a great post.
- Sonya, in her blog Middleton Road, showed a beautiful image of trash that was gorgeously composed!
- Debbie, whose blog is Forgiving Journal, recovered strawberry plants from what she thought was trash in a great post that reminds us that love is all there is.
- Judith writes a blog titled Nature Knows Best, in which she wrote about flowers getting treated like trash.
- Steve’s new blog Steve Newcomb Photography, sported a great take on the trash that is generated by the tabloids!
- Nikki’s post in her blog, A Kinder Way, found trash all over the place in lots of different guises!
- Miriam, of the Out an’ About blog, showed us that we can improve the world around us!
A truly fantastic array of posts!! Thanks to everyone for participating!!
I have a somewhat cleaner topic in mind for this week, which you’ll see tomorrow morning.