The 45th episode of our fun little challenge brought us opportunity to look back in a whistful manner, as the theme was one of Nostalgia. Each of you have a unique outlook on the past and what provides you a touch of nostalgia.
There was great variety in your posts, as some of you shared some old photos, while others brought back memories of things that you did during your childhood. There were also photos that reflected on great times that were had on vacations at wonderful locations. The variety was wonderful! The quality of your posts was a constant, as it was clear that each of you put thought and effort into them; it showed in the images and the prose and poetry that you shared! Thank you!!
One of the other nostalgic areas for me, the country of my birth: the Netherlands…
These fishing boats also tell the story of times past, when there was plenty of fishing on the Zuiderzee, a rough in-land sea, that was dammed off by the Afsluitdijk in 1932; the resulting lake was renamed to Ijsselmeer, which still is a popular location for sailing in the Netherlands. This image was captured in Volendam, as I was struck by the bright colors of these ships.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- The entries were kicked off by Mini on Tour‘s post, which looked back to time in the military and the joy of working on vehicles!
- Tisha’s post in Found Round and About brings us the wonder of old photos and their memories, even of snow in North Texas.
- Charles shares images of himself and his smiling brothers in CharlesEWaugh.com; also, he shows us old signs and a relic of a telephone!
- Mac shares a true find in her post in Southern by Design; this kind of place is truly unique!
- Emily takes us on a tour into the past in Zombie Flamingoes, all the way from sundials to horse-drawn trams.
- pensitivity101 takes us on a numismatic trip, when tuppence and thruppence were still well understood!
- Marie shows us some true blue nostalgia in her post in The New 3Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect; it’s a beauty!
- Netdancer’s Musings brings us Candace’s post about family mementos!
- Leaking Ink‘s entry talks about a time before 24/7 television and internet; a time when hobbies still had a place in our lives.
- Judith, who writes Nature Knows Best, shows us some of her books from an era that seemed just a little less stressful
- Khürt has not lost his marbles, as you can see in his post in Island in the Net, where he shares his memories of old the great games he played as a child.
- Xenia’s post in WhippetWisdom connects us to both love and nostalgia with a great haibun!
- Miriam talks about living in the United States for 40 years, with nostalgic thoughts to her family in Hong Kong in here post in The Showers of Blessing.
- Cee shares some really old images images in her post in Cee’s Photography; it’s always great to look at old photography!
- Joanne’s blog, Three Little Oaks, brings us a wonderful old photo that screams nostalgia!
- Debbie brings us a poem about forgiving and peace in ForgivingConnects and includes a video of her reading the poem; in a second post in ForgivingConnects, Debbie takea a nostalgic view at herself.
- Ron takes us to the Ford museum for some great nostalgic images in his post in Progressing into Solitude.
- PtitNFit‘s entry brings us to wonderful times in Jordan and Beirut, and shared soda and cookies; a nostalgic journey of fun!
- George’s post in The Alchemist of the Woods talks of simpler times, which certainly look like good times!
Each of these posts were a pleasure to read; thanks to each of you for sharing them, and I hope you had a lot of fun with them! Next week’s challenge is coming up…