The 46th episode of our weekly challenge jumped into another area of exploration through the theme of Structure. As I’ve come to expect at this point, this has been another week of great entries with some extremely creative work!
The entries went into several directions, ranging from human-made structures to an impressive variety of natural wonders. Again, there was some stunning photography and lots of great posts that were just wonderful to read. You definitely make this a lot of fun for me to read!
Here’s another image from my trek to Tower Hill Botanic Garden…
What struck me immediately about this leaf were the orthogonal lines working throughout; the color bands against the veins contrast one another. The function and form come together in simple beauty.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- Mac’s post in Southern by Design shows off some wonderful human-made structures in Wilmington, NC.
- Leaking Ink‘s entry brings a completely different structure into view, as ants were rather busy in putting it together.
- Bullyboy’s post in Travel387 brings us some beautiful structures made of flowers, which are very impressive.
- Xenia’s post in WhippetWisdom brings some root structures into view that are nothing short of impressive! It had to take some years for them to grow like that!
- pensitivity101 brings the brilliant structures that are created by our friends, the arachnids, to the forefront in their post.
- Marie’s structure in her post in The New 3Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect is none other than a pyramid of glass and steel!
- Miriam has us looking up in her post in The Showers of Blessing; up toward the beautfiul ceilings and magnificent structure!
- Ron’s post in Progressing into Solitude brings us to stunning temples in Thailand, which definitely on my list of must-visit locations around the world.
- Steve shares the story and wonderful photos of a most unusual steel house in his post in A Bum Without A Beach; great post!
- Judith’s post in Nature Knows Best brings us back to structures from a different time, when public baths were still the norm; interesting entry!
- Candace takes us to the Denver Botanic Garden’s in her post in Netdancer’s Musings for a very airy structure that almost appears to float!
- Cee brings us some fantastic structure in Cee’s Photography; another wonderful example of what Nature puts together.
- Another great one to check out is Black Body‘s post, which shows a structure that I’d never seen before; curious? Go look!
- Debbie’s structure of choice in her post in ForgivingConnects is a labyrinth, which is often path in life, love and forgivenss. Debbie has also started a series of prompts on Fridays, so definitely check them out!
- Maria’s post in CitySonnet focuses on the structure of the waves with wonderful images.
- Khürt’s entry in Island in the Net shows us a wonderful old Dutch style house in the Harlingen area of Belle Mead. Great location and photos!
- Emily found some rather interesting structures in her post in Zombie Flamingoes and even looks into the future!
- Sonya found an impromptu shot of a structure being constructed in her blog Middleton Road.
This is another great set of images, posts and participation! Thanks to each of you for taking the time and being creative! Tomorrow we’re on to another week…