Welcome to the 62nd round up of the Tuesday Photo Challenge! I have to say that I’m glad that I went with the theme of Music, as your posts were a joy to read!
Many of you took a path that I expected to some degree, and your creativity in how you portrayed what music means to you and the impact that it has on your lives was wonderful to behold. Some of you presented music and instruments that I didn’t know about, which was fascinating! One really stood out, as Miriam’s post in Out an’ About even included a recording of her singing a fantastic song!
Thanks to each and every one of you for your great contributions!!
Here’s an image from my collection of performers of music…
Portrait photography can be a lot of fun, as you get to control everything from the light to the pose. Despite the desire for control, sometimes, an impromptu portrait, such as the one here is very satisfying. You catch the subject in their natural element, being themselves; of course, with performers, the latter is not 100% true, as you’re really capturing the persona that they portray on stage.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- By Sarah kicked things off with a lighthearted post that captures something that most, if not all of us, have done: playing air guitar!
- Nicole’s entry in Une Photo, un poéme gives us a beautifully photographed and well-written report on a balalaika performance. Go check it out!
- pensivity101 tells us about the influence that music has on her life, particularly, playing the piano!
- Gwen’s post in Field Notes from over the Hill shows off the joy of music in many forms!
- Xenia gives us a wonderful tanka in whippetwisdom.com and accompanies it with photos of her whippets dancing to Nature’s music.
- iballrtw shares a great post with some very early sculptures of musicians with unusual instruments.
- The post shared by theonlyD800inthehameau brings us up close and personal with an absolutely stunning pipe organ!
- Photo Robert’s Blog shares an amazing set of photographs of instruments and musicians, that you really should go see!
- Ladyleemanilla shares an amazing array of photos in her entry this week!
- Candace’s photo of performers in the Paris subway in Netdancer’s Musings is just wonderful!
- Miriam’s post in her blog Out an’ About is simply magical, as she not only shares her thoughts and photos about music, but she also graces us with a recording of her performing a song that is inspired by a poem written by one of her friends.
- Raj’s post in his blog XDrive shares a beautiful set of images of his daughter performing an intricate dance, filled with wonderful facial expressions. Just lovely!!
- ARHtistic License shows us a wide array of musical instruments and implements; I particularly like the dulcimer!
- Cee has some great images in her post in Cee’s Photography; I really like the sheet music, which looks truly old!
- Roaming Urban Gypsy has a wonderful blog with street photography, which is well represented in their entry for this week.
- Miriam shares photos of some of her performances in Showers of Blessing and tells us about her hero!
- Stella’s images in Giggles & Tales tell us a story of instruments, the music they bring forth and the places where this music occurs!
- Bushboy has a wonderful collection of guitars and music in his post in Bushboy’s World, as well as a great work of art!
- Judith shares her experience of going to the opera in Milan in her post in Nature Knows Best; she was in for a surprise! As a bonus, we get to find out who her favorite violinist is!
- Peg’s post in The Tempest and The Teapot shows of some great photography skills!
- Catherine shares the start of her musical instrument collecting addiction with us in her blog images off the path.
- Marie captured a guitarist in The New 3Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect, all the way in Cordoba, Spain!
- Leaking Ink introduces us to the Manganiyar Seduction, a group of musicians from Rajasthan, India.
- Debbie’s post in ForgivingConnects has her singing her joy from the rooftops, as she takes a leap of faith!
- Lacy’s photos in Adventures of a Busy Mom describe the soundtrack of a busy mom! I think you can guess whose music takes front stage!
- Bullyboy’s post in Travel387 combines both the instrument to make music with the inspiration for this music!
- Ron tells us of his experience with music through excellent photography in Progressing into Solitude.
- Khürt’s entry for this week’s theme in Island in the Net tells us the story of his journey through music throughout his life; a great read and awesome photos!
If there were the concept of music for my eyes, these posts definitely brought it forth, for which I thank all of you!