Welcome to the 63rd round up of the Tuesday Photo Challenge! All of you put your best foot forward for this week’s theme of Steps!
Getting swamped by work and not being caught up, gets this post to you a day late! The benefit to me is that I got to take most of your posts in as a tidal wave of wonder! You have simply outdone yourselves and rather than heaping on superlatives, I challenge each and every one to experience all of each others’ posts and comment on that trip!
Thanks to each and every one of you for your great contributions!!
Another look at steps from a different vantage point…
This staircase is in the papal castle of Julius II, which is located in Ostia Antica. What makes these stairs rather special is that each step is a stone slab that is anchored into the wall only; there is no additional support, as the craftsmen did a rather fine job of getting them in place perfectly.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- By Sarah was the first entry again this week with a lovely image of steps that have gathered some moss… They look a little tricky!
- Ladyleemanilla found steps of all kinds and even managed to get a cat in a hat… Does the cat look good in the hat? You decide!
- Stella brings us some beautiful steps in her post in Giggles & Tales, which she photographed expertly!
- By Sarah definitely takes the biggest step of the entries this week, so go check out how big that step is!
- Raj takes us up the mountain in his blog XDrive as he takes us to Baba Budangiri and Mullayanagiri in this week’s post!
- Nicole’s post in Une Photo, un poéme showcases one of the most unique designs for a staircase: the double helix designed by Leonardo da Vinci. Amazing! Nicole also contributes a second post in Une Photo, un poéme, which is just lovely!
- Xenia’s whippets sure know how to strut their steps in whippetwisdom.com, as they cover the distance with graceful strides!
- A 12th century church’s interior is the subject in theonlyD800inthehameau with a staircase, that looks extremely old, but still serviceable!
- Peg brings us two kinds of steps in The Tempest and The Teapot with both glorious staircases and puppy pawprints!
- pensivity101 spins a wonderful tale based on those stairs that lead up steeply to find yourself…where?
- iballrtw takes us down Montmartre hill in a beautiful post that makes me want to explore those stairs!
- In her post in CitySonnet, Maria makes us want to visit the beach to imprint our own footsteps in the sand!
- Judith takes us across the river Mole in her post in Nature Knows Best; it is a lovely crossing using stepping stones to guide us to the other bank.
- Candace has us believing in ghosts in her post in Netdancer’s Musings; the hotel might be haunted!
- In her post in Travel with Intent, Debbie showcases some amazing photos of a staircase that really puts things in perspective.
- Charles takes us along for some of the most important steps in his entry in charlesewaugh; can you guess which steps they are?
- Robert’s photos in his Photo Robert’s Blog are simply stunning! Definitely go check them out!
- Helen takes us into the Alfama in Photophile; it is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Lisbon and just enchanting!
- Susan has us Musin’ with Susan down the steps into the water to follow the rubber duckies!
- Ron brings us a stunning array of beautiful images on our theme in his post in Progressing into Solitude.
- The photographer smiled… and brought us a fantastic image of loneliness at the top!
- Frank’s post in Poetry, Short Prose and Walking, gives us a short home tour. Come on in!
- Lacy traces some steps in Adventures of a Busy Mom down a path that leads us to one of her favorite places!
- Miriam takes us along for some serious steps in Showers of Blessing as we go along the Great Wall of China; but no step more important than the other one in her post!
- Marie may have found a stairway to heaven in The New 3Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect, as she brings us to Angkor Wat!
- Debbie’s post in ForgivingConnects has us finding joy in each day, as she takes us along the steps of her journey!
- Cee brings us a wonderful variety of steps in her post in Cee’s Photography; from Vintage Train steps to the steps at the Museum of Glass (are they glass?)
- Bullyboy showcases the steps in the landscape nearby in Travel387 which shows us some great landscape beauty!
- Leaking Ink takes us on a tour along one of his favorite staircases, ending up in a perfect little haven!
- Mike’s post in his blog Weakly Thoughts reminds us of the wonderful aspects of perspective, as we look along his stairs.
- Ron’s takes us along Locating Frankenstein’s Brain, and shows us where those steps might lead us!
- Miriam is Stepping into a Magical Outback in her post in Out an’ About; it is simply wonderful to see the landscape that she is experiencing on this journey, as she portrays the magic that lies within the land…
- A wonderful post by Khürt as he takes us Shinrinyoku in his post in Island in the Net, with beautiful photography!
If you read each of these posts, I’m sure that, like me, you feel enriched by these views of the world and how they have been shared!
8 thoughts on “Tuesday Photo Challenge – Round Up 63”
I love that shot of the staircase in the papal castle of Julius II and the play of light! Thank you again for this fun challenge ☺
Thank you very much, Xenia!
Reblogged this on O LADO ESCURO DA LUA.
Reblogged this on ladyleemanila and commented:
Frank’s round up 🙂
Great shot of the sprial staircase.
It seems ping backs and likes are not working again. It’s not the theme. It’s some problem between JetPack and my blog.
That’s really weird. I’ll update later when I am not using my iPhone