The 47th episode of our weekly challenge dared you to explore the theme of Bloom. Again, there has been lots of creativity on display in your entries this week.
While most went very much the floral route with great success, as there were stunning images, poetry and prose, there were some interesting exceptions!
One of the early blooms in the Spring is the daffodil, which is even available along roads and ponds…
What struck me immediately about this leaf were the orthogonal lines working throughout; the color bands against the veins contrast one another. The function and form come together in simple beauty.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- Thoughts of Words kicked things off with a beautiful image and tanka of Nature’s inspiration.
- wHakAahUa inspires us with some gorgeous flowers!
- Ron highlights the bloom of the sunrise in Progressing into Solitude. as well as gorgeous images of flowers.
- pensitivity101 entertains us with the story of young love.
- Meghan’s post in Whistle While You Wait reminds us of the blooms to expect in the upcoming season.
- Andrea shows us the beauty of flowers in her blog ARHtistic License with awesome photos!
- Candace finds more inspiration at the Denver Botanic Garden’s in her post in Netdancer’s Musings with an unusual flower!
- Deb’s post in her 40levenreasons blog has one flower that I have never seen before; who knows what it is?
- Miriam presents us with gorgeous flowers in The Showers of Blessing.
- Xenia brings us two posts this week with a lovely haiku in WhippetWisdom and celebration of a blogoversary in WhippetWisdom. Congratulation!
- Marie’s teases us with flowers about to bloom in her post in The New 3Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect.
- Leaking Ink takes us to e.e. cummings in her post, which also sports some magnificent flowering.
- Miriam is Out an’ About with a magnificent post about Lamby and her own reblooming on the good side of life!
- Steve is back in A Bum Without A Beach with a great post and a delicately photographed flower about to bloom!
- Nikki’s post in Flying through Water highlights some gorgeous images of blossoms.
- Following Him Beside Still Waters brings us amazingly beautiful dyed hyacinths.
- The Alchemist of the Woods shows of wonderfully photographed frosted blooms.
- Khürt’s entry in Island in the Net goes Dutch style again this week with his beautiful images of orchids!
- Judith’s post in Nature Knows Best brings us a taste of Spring that many of us in the Northern Hemisphere are ready to see!
- Cee show off some gorgeous images of flowers in Cee’s Photography; simply stunning!
- Black Body‘s post takes us up Mount Harriet for some amazing floral beauty! I.J. second post in Black Body brings us the simple beauty of Spring and Fall.
- Debbie brings us a pair of wonderful posts this week; the first is about letting go of comparisons in ForgivingConnects and the second one is about personal blooming in ForgivingConnects and finding true joy!
- Nature Inspired Mom connects us with the beauty of the desert in bloom at Ansa Borrego.
- ThatTravelLadyInHerShoes brings us to Great Dixter Garden in East Sussex for a wonderfully photographed beauty!
- OnTheRoadCooking brings us face to face with gorgeous color!
- …and LadyLeeManilla shows us some of the floral beauty that is in the Philippines!
- Mac’s post in Southern By Design shows us some beautifully photographed blossoms!
This is another great set of images, posts and participation! Thanks to each of you for taking the time and being creative! Tomorrow we’re on to another week…