Welcome to the 65th round up of the Tuesday Photo Challenge! I was curious to see how you would take the opportunity to explore Bugs this week.
First of all, I was corrected by Khürt’s daughter in that butterflies are not bugs; I have to agree with her, as they clearly do not bug me one bit! Many of you went into the insect kingdom for your sources of inspiration, where the Lepidoptera were among the favorites. There were also some wonderful (and playful) ladybugs, and then some outright scary ones! And there was even one roadworthy bug (go find it…)
All in all, this was yet another week of wonderful contributions and stunning photography, as well as great prose and poetry! Thank you for the effort that you put into your posts, as I really enjoyed them!
As my initial contribution was not buggy enough, here’s something that should satisfy the purists…
During one of my visits to Tower Hill Botanic Garden, I encountered this interloper who had pulled up to the dinner table for a sumptuous buffet!
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- Nicole started things this week with her post in Une Photo, un poéme, where she captured a bug on a kiwi flower.
- Sheena takes a different perspective in Leaking Ink, as the insect gets its day in the Sun that it deserves!
- Raj really put together some gorgeous images in XDrive this week, as he captured a bugs life in all its glory!
- Bushboy managed two posts filled with lots of lovely bugs in Bushboys World and Bushboys World; very interesting bugs of lots of varieties!
- By Sarah tells of a personal encounter with bugs that none of us really ever want to see: bedbugs!
- Gwenn’s entry in Field Notes from Over the Hill shows off some of the beauty of the animal kingdom!
- Ron truly likes his bugs, as shown in his entry in Progressing into Solitude, with some great creepers!!
- Maria shows us that bugs can be truly cute in CitySonnet, as the ladybugs are at play!
- Miriam also brings in the beautiful side of bugs in Showers of Blessing, with some awesome shots!
- In the blog yourgallerys, this week’s entry is a truly magnificent bug!!
- Stella shows us bugs of several varieties in a lovely post in Giggles & Tales; I like the butterflies best.
- Black Body‘s entry shows a truly interesting photo with a great bug and flower!
- Dawn decided to start a new blog in response to this week’s theme: Snap That Bug! Her entry is filled with magnificent photography!
- Robert’s photos in Photo Robert’s Blog show us a ladybug in beautiful black and white!
- pensivity101 recounts her signature drawing for her handmade cards; what do you think it might be?
- Following Him Beside Still Waters indicates that she may have a bit of a moth mania; I really like them too, as they are under-appreciated and plain wonderful!
- Judith brings us bugs in several ways in Nature Knows Best; in design, Nature and on the road!
- Frank puts together a great photo and poem in Poetry, Short Prose and Walking; interesting what we have in common with bugs!
- Ladyleemanilla shows off the hardworking side of bees, as she captured them collecting nectar; also, check out her butterfly video!
- Bullyboy talks about what he wants to do with the bugs he shows in Travel387; I think they are in trouble!
- Justine’s photos of bugs in Justine Taylor Photography are wonderful; great observation to catch the ant at work!
- Susan gives us a teensy weensy spider in Musin’ with Susan, which looks a pretty decent size to me. I won’t share this photo with my wife, as she is not a fan of spiders 🙂
- I have to give it to Khürt, as his photo in Island in the Net is simply stunning! I might imagine that the bee even smiled for this shot!
I’m sure that you can find something that bugs you among all these wonderful posts 🙂