As learned from Blogging101, part of a blog’s brand identity is established through the cadence of posts that are provided within that blog. In all honesty, I have struggled with that aspect a little, which probably comes from my own lack of understanding of Dutch Goes the Photo‘s brand identity. I felt a little bit, as in this image…
Luckily, some of my fellow Blogging101 students have successfully tackled the issue of creating a schedule, which inspired me to come up with my first schedule:
- Sunday – Shot of the Week feature – this will usually be a shot that I took during that week, even though I have already violated that rule once…
- Monday – Free-form post – posts on Monday will vary across a range of photographic items, which could be topical or throw-back.
- Tuesday – Technical Topic – starting this week, I will kick off a series of TTT (Tuesday’s Technical topic) posts, for which I will be happy to take requests. Some topics may require more than a single post to complete, so they could be across several weeks.
- Wednesday – Wednesday Wonderment – these posts will focus on items that have amazed me in the past; some are simple, such as this past week’s Mushroom, whereas others will be more convoluted. It’ll depend on where my mind takes me.
- Thursday – Dogstar Thursday – this is my version of TBT, as these images will all be throwbacks to the days, when I photographed a lot of dog agility competitions. I have a thousands of images, so there’s a bit of source material.
- Friday – Free-form Friday – we’ll see where this takes us! It may be food, strange collectible, custom toys (I have a bunch). It’ll be fun!
- Saturday – Variety – I’ll definitely include some photo challenges in here and will pick up some other items along the way.
As you can tell the schedule has plenty of flexibility built in, which is one of the items that I learned over the past week. I figure that might work to my advantage, so that I’m not too boxed in, but still have enough regularly schedule items to not have to be uber-creative to come up with a new post.
So, Dear Reader… What do you think about this? Do you have suggestions? I’m curious to hear how you have tackled this issue…