Dear Reader, begging your indulgence, I’d like to share with you that I have been nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award! As a small repayment for your indulgence, I promise that this is the last reward that I am posting. As much as I enjoy receiving awards, I want to make sure that my blog stays on point, as much as possible, which means that I want to focus its content on you, my much appreciated Readers!
First of all, a great big thank you to Sherri, aka MysticalWriter, who thought me deserving of this award. I have been following Sherri’s blog for quite a while and love her take on the universe and, particularly, her posts on crystals and minerals, which are extermely informative. So go check her out at MysticalWriter.
Here’s the rules for this award, should you want to accept it:
1. Display the award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and link back to the nominator.
3. Present 6 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your awardees in the post.
5. Write 7 interesting things about you.
What could be 7 interesting facts about me? It’s a little tricky; after all, what I might find interesting, might be mundane to you… However, here’s an attempt:
- While I was still in elementary school, I learned to speak basic English from kids in a British family, who lived in a windmill close to where I lived in the Netherlands.
- I learned to read basic hieroglyphics, so that I could understand some of the writing on Egyptian artifacts that I saw in museums.
- My high school was closed to an excellent museum in Rotterdam, so I often spent lunch time looking at Dali and Bosch paintings.
- I have walked with a wolf, who accepted me enough to even lean into my leg and let me photograph her at eye level.
- I find moose amazing animals, who posses untapped grace.
- I have caught fish by walking through gullies in a part of the sea that falls dry at low tide, and feeling the fish wiggle underfoot.
- I didn’t see my first computer until I went to college.
- Rational romantic mystical cynical idealist
- One more shot please
- Inside the red’s head