After taking a day off from blogging this past Sunday, I figured that it’s time to start Monday of with Round Up #14 of the TPC. It was great to see the level of participation this past week, particularly given that it’s Summer in the Northern Hemisphere and vacation time for lots of folks!
As I mentioned in the challenge, the color Orange has incredible variety and its position in the spectrum between red and yellow gives it lots of room for expression depending on the particular mixture. More yellowish orange can often give the sense of a more subdued color, whereas the reddish orange hues tend to be very rich and bold (my truck’s color is the latter 🙂 ).
The entries were all stunning and showed a great variety of oranges (including oranges, the fruit). I know that some of you discovered the complexity of the color orange and hope that it drew you in to examine other colors in a similar fashion!
This image is a somewhat abstract approach to capturing the movement of Autumn in the yellow and orange hues of this tree.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- Emily’s exploration of a variety of orange hues in Zombie Flamingos showed the way in a great fashion for those who dared follow! Orange-brown is a great cat color!
- Ladyleemanilla posted with an incredible array of orange photography, ranging from fruits to drink and safety vests to a line that I think is on the equator based on the cities that marked on it.
- Irene is a photographer who writes the Heaven’s Sunshine blog showed us some fiery orange in her photo of a zinnia.
- Kim hit the orange on the head (bad pun is mine) in his blog Do You See What I See?; if you’re curious about the pun, I suggest you look to Kim’s blog to find out why 🙂
- Amy, whose awesome blog is titled Bedlam and Daisies, tempts us with a mimosa… I’m still thirsty after seeing it!
- Mick, from Lincoln, England, writes the gorgeous blog My Garden Bio-Diversity, and he shared a fantastic post with us this week!
- Sonya, in her blog Middleton Road, was kind enough to post a beautiful floral shot rather than a Dutch football jersey!
- Miriam, of the Out an’ About blog, has orange in many locales ranging from the dirt to rocks and the good times around a campfire!
- Nikki’s post in her blog, A Kinder Way, was filled with mug shots!
- Steve’s new blog Steve Newcomb Photography, used this week’s challenge as his first blog post! Time for all of us to follow Steve’s new blog and check out his take on orange from the silly to the gorgeous!
- Debbie, whose blog is Forgiving Journal, found her way home on the orange line, which led her all the way to Home Sweet Home to touch orange again
- Last, but not least, Marie, in The New 3 Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect, connects us to the earth in the orange she captured!
I am truly honored by the number of great posts that were in this week’s response to the challenge. I appreciate each of you taking the time to play along!
I’m germinating an idea for this week’s edition… It will be there in the morning 🙂