It’s still pretty chilly here in New England, and we even received some nice fresh snow to brighten up the landscape. Despite the chill, the participation in this week’s Tuesday Photo Challenge theme of Cold has been phenomenally hot!
There was a great mix of both new and long-time participants, and each of you provided your own very cool interpretation of the theme, ranging from icy leaves to glaciers and cold sand!
Here’s a little touch of Winter from a couple of years ago on a rather cold day…
I drove by this scene on my commute on a sleety day, as I caught view of the canoe out of the corner of my eye; the splash of color in an otherwise drab landscape stood out.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- ladyleemanila was first out of the blocks this week with lots of great images; go check them out!
- Xenia first post in her blog whippetwisdom.com came with a haiku and 2 great photos of her whippets enjoying the snow; her second post in whippetwisdom.com included a tanka and her whippets running through snow! They definitely enjoy themselves.
- Progressing Into Solitude shared a wonderful post with amazing images, each of which is chilling to say the very least!
- Stella made her first contribution to the challenge with a great wintry scene in her blog Giggles & Tales, which is a fun blog to read every day!
- Unexpected in Common Hours is a great blog and her photos made me feel that the birds were better equipped for the cold than I am.
- Emily’s post in her blog, Zombie Flamingoes captured some nice icicles on a rather frosty water art installation.
- Candy’s entry in her blog, Netdancer’s Musings and Photography, shows us her beautiful lilacs during a very cold Spring morning; I hope those lilacs did okay.
- Miriam’s post in her great blog The Showers of Blessing takes us to Alaska for some great photos of a glacier and ice in the bay!
- The New 3Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect is a wonderful blog, in which Marie posted an image of people staying warm on a cold night; I want one of those pretzels!
- Leaking Ink brings us something that many of us (in colder climates) have encountered on a chilly morning…go check it out!
- Judith ran into a problem with her heating that made her experience cold in a wau we don’t like; she still found time to post a great photo in Nature Knows Best; hope the heat is fixed.
- Debbie’s shares with us the cold sand in her post in Forgiving Connects; the sand may be cold, but it looks like her path is filled with warmth.
- Steve jumped into the challenge with the results of an ice storm in his photo in Steve Newcomb Photography. A wonderful shot!
- Latebreaking entries:
- …and Nikki posted a rather cool shot in her blog Flying through Water, where she captured wintry mix in a leaf.
- …and Khürt added a well chilled shot in his blog Island in the Net, where he found inspiration in mead…go check it out!
Thanks to each of you for your participating in this week’s challenge. I really appreciate the wonderful posts that you have put together and the creativity that you have put into each of them!