Welcome to the 59th round up of the Tuesday Photo Challenge!
You put together an impressive set of posts on the theme of Old! Many of you were influenced by some of my recent posts from my trip to Italy and shared amazing images from your travels and interaction with ancient structures and sites. There were also some very interesting photos of old cars ranging from the pristine restorations to seemingly dropped from the air amidst the bamboo on Hawaii. Then, of course, there is the wonderful photo of Mum! I just loved that post!
Thank you for another great set of entries and all the hard work that you put into your posts!!
Here’s another image that takes me back to olden times…
The excavations at Ostia Antica are stunning and provided me with a true sense of how people lived and interacted during those times, as we wandered through various neighborhoods and learned about what was done in each of them.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- Starting this week’s entries, theonlyD800inthehameau brings us to excavations in Argentomagus in Central France to find a funerary stone with a beanie!
- Not to be outdone, ladyleemanilla finds an impressive line up of sights from around the world that are perfect for the theme.
- The Photo Junkie gives us a great view of the Forum in Rome; great images that show sights that are still fresh in my mind!
- Stella’s post in Giggles & Tales takes us to a wonderful variety of locales with great images!
- Bullyboy’s post in Travel387 has coverage of old from several eras, some of which are relatively modern.
- Xenia’s back with both great images in whippetwisdom.com and a very well written tanka!
- An important location for pilgrims is featured in iballrtw‘s post, which features the Dhamekh Stupa in Sarnath, alleged to be the site of the Buddha’s first teaching.
- Justine compares the old and the new in her post in Justine Taylor Photography, where the old has a definite charm about it.
- pensivity101 evokes tenderness with a photo of someone older than them: mum! Wonderful post!
- Une Photo, un poéme goes truly old in their coverage of the Dinosaur Museum in Belgium; yes, that dinosaur is not only old, but also fantastic!
- Candace’s entry in Netdancer’s Musings connects the old with the current, as she came across an active archeological dig in Athens.
- Judith uncovers a treasure while working her way through a cluttered garage in Nature Knows Best; a fantastic find!
- Adventures of a Busy Mom goes trekking through the bamboo on Hawaii and uncovers an unusual find…
- Marga shares a beautiful capture of the site of the Nasrid Palace in Granada, Spain, in her post in The Photographer Smiled…
- Cee’s post in Cee’s Photography captures some fantastic classic cars, which truly show off their owners love for them!
- Gwen’s post in Field Notes from over the Hill has a great photo of what looks to be a rather ancient vehicle!
- Cookies & Moo is a great blog with a rather appropriate entry of her first car: a 1963 Chevy Corvair!
- Raj’s post in Xdrive shows of both a wonderful temple and a magnificent tomb! Amazing shots!
- Debbie’s post in ForgivingConnects shares wisdom for the ages in the creation of a safe space!
- Ron’s post in Progressing Into Solitude shares some great images of truly vintage automobiles!
- Debbie’s post in her blog, Travel with Intent, brings us close to the Yeralti Hamam in Sheki, Azerbaijan; a magnificent structure!
- George’s post in The Alchemist of the Woods is the second part of adventures in Greensboro, NC; nice single track!!
- Khürt’s post in Island in the Net takes us back to Asbury Park, to the old Paramount Theatre and Convention Hall complex that was built in the 1920s!
This is another great set of images, posts and participation! Thanks to each of you for taking the time and being creative!