Welcome to the 66th round up of the Tuesday Photo Challenge! This week being color-themed, made for a true cavalcade of yellow in all its beautiful tones, shades and hues!
I through that many of you would go to Nature for your images, as I did, although I have plenty of other yellow subject matter. Your contributions were magnificent, and it is clear that you invested some quality time in your posts and images. Among all the great images, I do want to call out one that just blew my mind, as Khürt has stepped up his game to the max with recent photography. There were some references to music, as Donovan and Coldplay were referenced. And there’s a car project in need of finishing that I think would result in a fantastic E30!
Thanks to all of you for making this another fun week for me to read and view your posts and gather their links! You make this worthwhile, even as I have been slacking a bit due to work pressures over the past couple of weeks.
Here’s another blast of yellow from about 8 years ago…
This Black-eyed Susan shot was created with a Lensbaby Zone-Plate Optic, which causes interference patterns that provide a lovely diffuse sense about the image.
The following were this week’s participants in the challenge with links to their posts:
- By Sarah posts a wonderful variety of photos of shades of yellow, with some rather delicious items!
- Maria’s post in CitySonnet has a loverly array of flowers, each one photographed beautifully!
- Nicole shows us that it’s Summer in Une Photo, un poéme, as she brings us lovely images of zucchini!
- Gwenn’s post in Field Notes from Over the Hill brings a variety of yellow, which includes a lovely dress and key lime pie (yum!)!
- Another wonderful post in theonlyD800inthehameau, with a challenge to each of you: identify the flower!
- Bushboy contributes a wonderful floral post in Bushboys World, but did I see a bee on one of them?
- Robert’s images in Photo Robert’s Blog are usually black&white, but he made some wonderful exceptions this week!
- Cee’s entry in Cee’s Photography is filled with stunning floral photography!
- pensivity101 created a wonderful post on the mood altering effects of yellow, which, of course, includes Donovan!
- The temple of Kom Ombo is featured in iball round the world‘s entry from the shores of the Nile!
- Angela’s post in The Abundant Heart has truly magnificent flower photography!
- Tachispeaks‘ contribution talks of an unfinished project of an E30 car; the yellow looks so stunning that I would venture that there may be volunteers in their area to help finish this project!
- My Life Divine brings us some spectacular views of flowers and (a nod to last week?) a lovely spider!
- A random musing in terppsicore contributes a wonderful view in Lisbon!
- Margo’s post in that little voice shows us yellow both in flowers and a playground; lovely!
- A gorgeous post in Chateaux des Fleurs presents us with a nice variety of yellow throughout the day.
- Candace’s post in Netdancer’s Musings has some truly amazing images with yellow in them; what’s the story behind the gorilla crossing?
- Debbie gives a great view of street art on a smaller scale in her post in Travel with Intent.
- In some yellow that takes me back to the country of my birth, Geriatri’X’ Fotogallery takes us to Alkmaar!
- Dawn gives a lot of variety with great photos in her post in Snap That Bug!
- Roaming Urban Gypsy gives a wonderful set of images that all have yellow and will bring a smile to your face!
- Black Body‘s entry might give you some cause for concern, as it would appear that the planet has been invaded…
- Susan brings us a rather lovely view in Musin’ with Susan, as she shows us a field of flowers that are gorgeous!
- Miriam rekindles our admiration for something yellow that we like to see every day in her post in the Shower of Blessing.
- Judith went to Nature for her post in Nature Knows Best; no surprise, and some amazing photos!
- Ladyleemanilla has a fantastic array of images with yellow in them and includes a bonus this week: Coldplay!
- Pam snaps photos! is an understatement, as Pam’s capture of a sunflower is gorgeous!
- Frank again combines a wonderful photo with an excellent poem in Poetry, Short Prose and Walking; go check it out!
- The entry in idahobluebird50‘s blog is filled with beautiful photography!
- Bullyboy shows off some yellow inflorescence in his post in Travel387; wonderfully shot!
- Marga’s post this week in The Photographer Smiled… is one of her macro studies of nasturtium; just stunning!
- Ron’s entry in Progressing into Solitude put a smile on my face, as it is such a staple of the American landscape!
- The post that was contributed in Light&Shadows gives us gorgeous images of Bird’s Foot Trefoil flowers.
- Following Him Beside Still Waters reminds us of what sunflowers do with a wonderful quote and lovely photos!
- Khürt keeps producing incredible images in his posts in Island in the Net; this week’s photo is simply well composed and immaculately executed to produce a great result!
- Lacy produced a wonderful post in Adventures of a Busy Mom, although she does make me wonder about child labor laws 🙂
- Mike’s post in mikesimages provides us an opportunity to look forward to the Autumn season.
- Marie’s post in The New 3 Rs: Retire, Recharge, Reconnect brings us a wonderful image of Black-eyed Susans!
- Then there also is Debbie’s excellent post in ForgivingConnects, in which she helps us get in touch with our inner selves!
I’m curious to see, if any of you will tell me how many shades of yellow you can find in all these posts; there are plenty of unique gorgeous images to make it a worthwhile data gathering mission!