The daily task in the WordPress Blogging 101 course that I am taking, was to remind us that blogging is not a one-way street: there should be balance between the blogs you read and the posts you write. Our assignment was to find 5 new blogs to follow that piqued our interest.
The approach that I took for this task was to do some noodling around with the WordPress Reader, as it became rather obvious that the net that I was casting with my tags was much to wide. After a little tweaking, I found a tag that I liked that led me to some pretty cool blogs with some inspiring images; I used ‘Abstract Photography’ for the tag to find these blogs:
- The Brighter Writer – this blog contains interesting manipulation of images to create abstract art and provides stimulating visions to inspire all.
- Lingua Franca – Omar writes about technology, photography, literature and social issues and complements his writing with images that show his vision of the world.
- Cooper Creek Park Photography Project – this relatively new blog struck me with some cool perspective in images, such as in this post The Wild Grass; I expect to see a lot more from this blog.
- The Perpetual Vagabond – this blog has been going strong for a number of years and presents a great view of nature from the eye of this vagabond, such as in this post: Impressions in the Sand.
- Mundane Profundity – I picked this blog, because I sense that we’re kindred spirits with some great early posts and a significant hiatus. As the author just kicked off a 2016 project, I look forward to seeing what else appears…
This exploration was a lot of fun and inspiring to keep me going. From time to time, I will do some additional checking of what comes out of other tags in the Reader…